View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 03:10 AM   #1984
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
My first thought is Osse, the Maia of the sea who at one point turned to the Dark before coming back. Except that doesn't really work with the second half... it could be a duet between Osse (first 2 verses) and Uinen (last 2), with the fire being the Kinslaying at Alqualonde.

After that I thought of Earendil, but I'm worried we're being distracted by the presence of the Sea at the beginning. Focussing on the later parts, how about Gondolin?

Quote:
The sea is a part of me
And I am a part of the sea
"Remember that the true hope of the Noldor lieth in the West, and cometh from the Sea."

Quote:
Fear once ruled me
But I managed to overcome it, you see
The Gondolindrim sat the Sudden Flame out to avoid being found by Morgoth, but overcame that and rode to the Unnumbered Tears.

Quote:
Darkness claimed me
For its own
My hope was lost
But they'll reap what they've sown
The Fall of Gondolin, of course, and the fact that Earendil came from Gondolin to ultimately bring about Morgoth's downfall.

Quote:
Because through it all
My heart remained true
My will remained steadfast
And my patience was at its end
'Steadfast' could point at Voronwe the Faithful, who was a resident of Gondolin. Not sure about 'patience', unless we're back to the Unnumbered Tears again.

Quote:
Great fire burned at that time
One that was easily distinguished
I mean... yes, it did.

Quote:
My spirit might have left it all behind
But the flame in my heart wasn't extinguished
While the people of Gondolin (its 'spirit') have fled, they still carry the memory of it in their hearts.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote