View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 06:13 AM   #143
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Ah, a descendent of the slaves of Nurn! Held captive by Sauron for centuries or more, freed by King Elessar and given the rule of the land. Not an ignoble heritage at all.

Or Turin and Finduilas? He certainly seems to have had a way with elven maidens...

My memory is that he never really noticed Nellas once he was out of childhood, and she wasn't the sort to put herself forward (so to speak). Finduilas, on the other hand, wasn't afraid of expressing herself, and I think Turin felt the same way. If he hadn't been simultaneously too spooked by the thought of Morgoth finding out his name, and obsessed with breaking Nargothrond's very effective cover of secrecy, they could have hit it off very well. Imagine the meeting in the Havens not just of Elwing and Earendil, but of... let's say Edheladan, son of Turin and nephew to the High King (if we take Gil-Galad as son of Orodreth). Exciting!

hS

I wouldn't oppose either of those couples.

It would be interesting for sure. Turin, heir of Nargothrond, via marriage. Tuor, heir of Gondolin, via marriage. And Beren, heir of Doriath, via marriage.

All three of big mortal heroes of Silm could have inherited each of the three greatest Elven realms at the time, if it weren't for that pesky Curse of Morgoth. How sad....

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.

Last edited by Urwen; 04-18-2019 at 06:25 AM.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote