View Single Post
Old 10-20-2003, 09:21 PM   #1320
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Whew. *wipes perspiration off forehead* Well, I'm back...

Quote:
Then you realize you're talking like this stuff really did happen! (That's because it did, right?)

When you start believing that it all really did happen.
Of course, it did. Would we be wasting our time(and committing social suicide) for fiction?

Quote:
When you bow to everybody you meet and say "My your beard grow ever longer." Somebody asks you the correct dwarvish response so you quickly flick through the Hobbit! (I haven't found the response yet... anyone?)
Oh, yeah, but I prefer the eagle-talk...or maybe Aurë entuluva!. I don't know how to respond to that yet.

Quote:
~ When you bring AT LEAST one Tolien book with you on family car trips.
I bring every single Tolkien book I have to school(a small collection so far) so I can trick people:

Random human: Hey, what's your course?
Nil: Tolkienology.
RH: No way!
*Nil shows him the bag containing 6(Silm and The Hobbit are sent away to friends, in hope that they will see the light...) Tolkien books)
RH: Whoa! They have a course like that here?

Hehe...another one is born... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Quote:
When you're convinced that your computer hates you, because for over 24 hours it will connect to any site you want, except for the 'Downs...the problem was with the site, not you.
When that happened, I tried suicide. I looked at Telpelin and said, "Hail Telpelin, song of silver. You've killed many cockroaches, rats, and assorted critters. How about sending me to Mandos?"

Quote:
~When other people around you have already moved on to another subject and you suddenly make a LOTR comment out of nowhere because it just popped into your mind. I do that a lot
Our minds are so attuned to LotR, we can never separate it from ourselves. That explains the LotR side comments...the extra sharp hearing...the suicidal feeling when you are unable to connect to the 'Downs...and to all the obsessions we do here.

Quote:
We had this discussion once......
Yeah, I read that part...but its time to put discussions into reality.

Quote:
If you're willing to help pay for the land where we can build it, you can join.
OK, I've got a bank account in the Cayman Islands standing by. How much do you need?
*wrestles with the freak who typed the above-mentioned words*
I'm sorry about that. The rich kid part of me just took over. The one with the house whose doorknob is the size of Russia...oh, well... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Quote:
When while you're playing a game of chess, you keep thinking, 'The board is set; the pieces are moving.' Then you notice that the knights look a lot like the emblem thing for the Rohirrim...
...and the rooks look like Minas Tirith, Minas Morgul, Barad-dur, and another white tower...probably Calmindon.

My additions:

You know you're obsessed with LotR when...

~more than 3 days away from another LotR-obsessed people(except my sister...she's tooo busy to be obsessed) drove you to the brink of...monogamy? matriculation? mad...mad...madness! There's the word!

~you read a part of LotR which happens today(two days ago, I re(to the nth power)read "The Council of Elrond" and the first few paragraphs of "The Ring Goes South."

Yours, if you want to [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
->The True Son of Finrod, and of Amarië the Vanyar
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote