View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #182
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I'm afraid it's likely to prove necessary to kill off poor Marenil's wife at home, if I'm to keep him here. He's a difficult man to keep abed, and he'll be wanting to go home, whether the healer allows or no.

My current thought is in the next few days he receives a letter from home (that has obviously been following them a long time) relating the sad news, but far too late for him to attend any funeral services. His son is grown and capable of taking over his duties, and Marenil could then much more easily be convinced to stay with Linduial, who he loves like a daughter. I could torment the man still more by inventing a daughter who died in childhood (whose empty place Lin has filled quite nicely). Ideas or criticism would be lovely.

I really need to come up with something really really good to happen to Marenil as well. Working him into the Hall as a permanent fixture is giving me a guilt complex. My fault for writing characters I really like.