View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 09:12 PM   #221
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

I tried a while back to figure out who exactly started the thing as well. Quite hard, really, although I would attribute the choosing of the date and the naming of the project to Arwen Eruantale and arianrod, respectively (who both seem to have disappeared).

I've been giving this a lot of thought recently, and I generally go back and forth from two extremes: I either feel like we can't really do anything much, because we're mostly a bunch of high schoolers, or else I think that it will exceed everyone's wildest expectations and we will have created a phenomenon similar to the Trilogy Showings. I figure that it really isn't an impediment that we're (or will be, by the time 2005 rolls around) a bunch of high school and college students, since that's basically the group which will end up attending.

The other thing is, how will we order the functioning of the committees? It seems to me that it will work out somewhat like this:
  • Celebrity/Expert Contacts- Top priority, for now. Once we have sufficient backing, we can really get somewhere.

Advertising-This comes next, and it seems that whoever's in charge of advertising will have a lot of responsibility, and need access to a lot of different advertising venues. They would have to be willing to wear t-shirts and such promoting the project, and probably join as many Tolkien messageboards as they could and start threads telling about the project.

Web Design-This would tie into advertising, and we'd need to have a webpage that tells about the project, has a picture of the logo and the mascot, and possibly a way for people to contact the chairpeople, and things about various activities. Eventually it would have info about the various locations and such.

Continuity-These people would end up making sure that everything's running smoothly, and check up on what's happening and making sure that everyone's on track with what needs to be done, possibly goal-setting and calendar-keeping and such.

General Planning-I think this would end up basically as the brain-storming committee, the group that decides what will be done and when, and how and so forth, as well as polishing the project with games and activities and such.

Those are just my ideas on how things would shake out, of course with the chairpeople basically overseeing the project and helping where it's needed. I think the chairpeople would become the "public faces" if this really gets big. And we all might have to become the directors of the project in our area. If anyone thinks differently, feel free to add to my list or whatever.

EDIT: I think we need two or three chairpeople, just to keep everything in order and get some good discussion and different opinions and such. Plus, if there ends up being a lot of work, it would need to be distributed evenly, and having several chairpeople allows for different talents and skills to be employed by each one.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 6:34 PM January 14, 2004: Message edited by: Luthien_ Tinuviel ]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote