Thread: I smell cheeze.
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:37 PM   #132
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron the White View Post
This seems to echo very familiar refrain on this site.

"If the movie scene did not work its Jacksons fault for not being more faithful to the book.

What? You mean he filmed it the exact way it was written by JRRT himself?

Okay then... its the actors ... yes thats it ... is gotta be the actors ... thats it ... it was poorly acted."

Bottom line: it is never, ever, ever the fault of the book, anything in the book, the author of the book, or even anything suggested at in the book. Remember Rule #1. Its Jacksons fault. Rule #2 - its the fault of somebody else in Jacksons movies.
Excuse me, STW, I am not one of those who hate each and every aspect of the movies. Please don't put words into my mouth. In fact, I like the films overall, but I think they could have done with better scripting. On the other hand, some of the book dialogue had to be altered for the screen.

In this case, though, I happen to think it wasn't the fault of either the book or the screenplay, but of poor delivery by the actor. I've never seen Orlando Bloom turn in a good performance yet.

Last edited by Nerwen; 11-26-2007 at 10:55 AM. Reason: correcting spelling
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote