View Single Post
Old 04-19-2004, 05:58 PM   #5
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

what was that for doug?...oh! for the "Lament of Elves" topic. Yes, Etharius, you should read that topic before you start calling elves wusses. Firefoot's Tolkien quote I find to be awesome.

To make excuses:
They've been fighting for literally Ages; they're tired of it, and tired of Middle-earth itself; they're leaving. Why bother with a world you're going to leave in just a few years, when you've already made such a thankless effort to help it.

Anyway, for another set of argument:
If you missed that part in the App., here's one from "The Passing of the Grey Company":
Quote:
...said Gimli. "The Lady of the Wood! She read many hearts and desires. Now why did we not wish for some of our own kinsfolk, Legolas?"

Legolas stood before the gate and turned his bright eyes away north and east, and his fair face was troubled. "I do not think that any would come," he answered. "They have no need to ride to war; war already marches on their own lands."
So there you go: all Lórien, Mirkwood and Erebor were busy with their own battles of the War of the Ring. And Rivendell sent out some of its best warriors: Elladan and Elrohir.

And grab a copy of Silmarillion, then explain to me why you think the elves are wusses who never fight.
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote