View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 04:50 PM   #200
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagollives View Post
i have not red everything. but i do not think he deserves death. NOBODY deserves death.

but i think that may be death was the only way for him ever to be happy again. after all his precious was gone forever. he was old and worn, all his former friends dead and forgotten.

it was not possible for him to become himself again...

i think the only way for him to be okay was to be with his precious. of course that could not happen. so i think it was okay for him that he died. biut he did not deserve it, no human being deserves (and he was like a human being or a hobbit being better to say). no matter how bad.

Well, deserving death depends on your own beliefs. Being a Christian, I personally think that murder, and certian other crimes, deserve death. There is of course such a thing as mercy, but as afore said( I don't know if I ever said it, but I think I remember reading it) just because someone decides to be merciful, doesn't mean that the person didn't deserve death.

Oh, and I also agree with Folwrens post. (see above.)