View Single Post
Old 03-29-2003, 09:56 PM   #36
Orual
Speaker of the Dead

Orual has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Anson was a little concerned about Peony coming along, though he said nothing. The girl was headstrong and stubborn, and he knew that she would not take no for an answer. She had her parents' blessings, and he could not tell her no if her parents had told her yes. Besides, she would be an asset. They could use a young hobbit lass to squeeze and peep where Men and Elves could not fit, and where he and Ferdibrand could probably not fit either. Either way, she was nearly of age, and he would take special care to watch her.

"Excuse me, but I heard there was going to be a meeting here. About the disease. Am I correct?" An Elven woman had come up to them. She seemed to have something more to say, but decided against saying it. Anson did not pry.

"You are," he said. "I am Anson Hornblower." He introduced the rest of the party one by one. "I am pleased that you can join us. Andunériel was just telling us of the cure for this disease, the ainereg plant found in Fangorn Forest. We were about to decide on who would be journeying to Fangorn. Do you have any thoughts to add before we begin?"