View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:09 PM   #39
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Oh, Kuru, I still remember when Oddwen mercilessly ripped you apart to win Tol-in-Gaurhoth III. Good times.
Was that the one where I single-handedly lost the village the game when I was the hunter by blasting the wrong person to smithereens on the final DAY or am I thinking of another one of my ignominious defeats?

Quote:
I love the premise; missed it the first time round. One question: you say the active players aren't allowed to look in the Dead Thread (or Deid Threid, as we Scots might say). Is that simply a matter of trust, or is there some (obvious) thing I'm missing which prevents dastardly wolverous treachery? Ah! Such villainous lycanthropy! I can't take it anymore: STRING THEM UP!
There is no mechanism to prevent cheaters, I'm afraid. It was, in fact, quite a hot topic during the previous game in this format, although to some extent I think one of the Cobbers was stoking that fire to cause trouble (but I do hope it doesn't come up as an issue over the course of this game). However, everyone in that game (at least as far as we know) followed the rules. I truly don't think anybody on the Downs would stoop to that level, if I did I wouldn't do a game in this format. We can certainly be fierce competitors around here, but we play fair. The sort of ignominy and shame that would visit upon the head of somebody who was found to have cheated...it really doesn't even bear thinking about.

But I'm certain nothing like that is going to happen.

Anyway, a big thank you to everyone who has signed up!

Sign ups are certainly still open, but we now have enough players for me to post all the roles. I will update the first post with the roles shortly.