View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 05:21 PM   #657
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim
Ever thought about changing your major to something where you won't have to use the words "boring" and "despised" in the same sentence to describe it?

Oh, keeping this on point:

I conassign to Mordor anyone who offers unsolicited academic advice.
That's me in Mordor then. Not only have I given lots of unsolicited advice when I was training other trainers, but I have also endured academic torment without changing my subject. I decided to do Economics A Level and about a month into it I realised it was the most boring thing in the world ever, but the teacher wouldn't let me drop it and do Geography instead. Most of the class thought it was boring too, and despite the best efforts of the teacher (who was a very nice man) to liven things up by provoking us about Margaret Thatcher, it remained boring for the whole two years. Many lessons would simply be shunned in favour of hanging out in the woods or maybe retiring to the library to indulge in a few illicit games of poker if it was raining.