View Single Post
Old 10-04-2002, 02:45 AM   #12
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

I sit here reading this thread feeling guitly of even thinking about its content a few days ago. I was away from the downs for almost four days, and the ideas expressed in this thread crept into my mind about two nights ago, like I dreamt of it. Seeing it here surprised me and at the same time, I wasn't surprised.

The first time I signed in, I was overwhelmed by the vast amounts of knowledge, and felt small in the eyes of other people who have lived here. I left for a few months and felt more lost than I first logged in.

In fairness to BW and to the other mods, they're all doing a great job. As for the older members who died again away from here, they're presence will be surely missed. Being too immature for talking about JRRT's works, I regret never having the chance to talk the talk with you.

New members are inevitable. The more they find out the movie, the more they find out about the books. The more they find out about both, they may more or less end up here...and vent out (for all the wrong reasons) about how hot Legolas or Aragorn are (In my case, it's Elrond). As for these BD "babies," they have to read (both the posts and the books), and at the same time, they have yet to mature. I guess this is a place for them to grow up in. Like they actually spent their childhood in here. I can say that for myself. Maybe that's why I could never leave.

After all said about this place--in its peaking and plummeting moments--I will still call this place home.

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: Neferchoirwen ]
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote