Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #268
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
The pale yet flushed face of the young lady fronting Maika did not seem very happy as she attempted to tame her tangled locks with her left hand, just as Maika did with her right. It was a painful business; Maika could feel some hair strands being pulled from their roots, unable to withstand the force exerted in her annoyance. Out of nowhere Hyarmenwë's voice drifted into her mind...

If I am to reintegrate you into Gondor, you must try to live without anakronisms, Lady Maika. As few as possible, preferably none.

She could not resist a scornful chuckle. Yeah, right. And this was what she got for following that advice, not to mention losing her palm pilot, and her cellphone, too. The last accidentally fell from her pocket when she went about arranging for the horses. Messy hair, no communication, no technology whatsoever. Was that the price she had to pay for wanting to be back where she thought she belonged?

The creaking of the door's hinge checked the angry tear on the verge of falling from Maika's eye. It was Fíriel. The ambassador whispered a greeting, which the woman cheerfully returned.

"I'm sure, my lady," Fíriel said as she stood beside Maika, staring at her own reflection, "that you were surprised to hear that I knew you were Gondorian."

She was, as a matter of fact, but she was not to betray just how much, and so just nodded. Evidently Fíriel took her silence as a hint to continue, which was exactly what Maika wanted her to do.

"It takes one to know one, my lady."

"Hyarmenwë did not think of it."

"He lacks one thing that I have: a woman's instinct. It is rarely, if ever, wrong."

Maika stopped just as she was about to pull more of her own hair to look eyebrows knit at Fíriel's reflection. The said reflection looked softly, with an almost motherly expression, back at her.

"And I want to tell you that you have it, too. Heed it, act on it, my lady, before it's too late."

With that cryptic message and a smile she left Maika to her confused thoughts.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 11-03-2006 at 09:59 PM.