View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 08:51 AM   #611
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I assign summer and all that comes with it.

Weekend escapes to the country wherein an entire afternoon is spent in child-like fascination with traversing camera-laden up a small creek with sides and fields overgrown with wildflowers. Common dandelions, yellow hawkweed, blue violets, ground ivy, garlic mustard, buttercups, periwinkle, forget-me-nots, lily-of-the-valley, wild strawberries, wild phlox...

The bittersweet realization that my first year of college is over in 24 hours.

Vegemite and didgeridoos and a late night learning willingly about the intricacies of Australian government and discovering that apparently emus can't walk backwards, that my friends don't know their southern hemispherical constellations, and that we're all growing up no matter how hard I deny that I am.

Ice cold water that sweats and drips chillingly.

Being truly warm for the first time in months. Cute shoes and mini-skirts and a lot of sunscreen.

Finishing a short story and knowing that with one or two more revisions, it will be Done.

Cleaning. What? Me? A college kid that assigns cleaning to... the Shire? Certainly. I assign any activity that not only helps me to procrastinate on finishing a final that I'm, technically speaking, skiving class to work on, but allows me to obsess in a very productive manner. I've always liked cleaning, come to think of it. It's excellent "me time" wherein I can devote a load of time to merely pondering things while still feeling like I'm accomplishing things. So yes... yay for cleaning.

Ooh, the feeling of unlimited potential that comes from switching life up a bit for a few months. I like it. Go summer!