View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 AM   #911
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“I am Hameth, lord,” the man replied to Eodwine’s question. “And I came to offer you my services. I heard that you were seeking an innkeeper and I think I could be your man for it.”

Fliede , hearing the proud words from the doorway, smiled dryly and mimicked in her mind, ‘And I think I’m the man for it.’ She walked forward ahead of her father with confidence. He followed more slowly, but in such a manner than few could have known that he went forward in blindness. “You’ll have to learn manners before you’ll be fit for such a job, Sir Hameth,” she interrupted before the eorl could reply. “And learn not to run down older men than yourself and children. As an innkeeper, you’ll have to learn to be kind to all folk.”

“Forgive my daughter, lord,” her father said quietly. “She is hot headed and in her love for me she is rash and not altogether polite.”

He reached Fliede and stopped where she had, a few paces away from Eodwine and Hameth. In great dimness and uncertain shapes and shadows, he could see that both Hameth and Eodwine were looking at him.

"I am Norjm, sir, at your service, and this is my daughter, Fliede."

Last edited by Folwren; 10-23-2007 at 08:52 AM.