View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #914
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Eodwine led Hameth back into the Hall. It had been a good talk. The young man had promise. He bid him good day and to return in two days for news. Hameth walked out of the Hall with a spritely step; but Eodwine noticed that he said nothing to the others sitting at table before he left. Maybe it was nothing. He had seemed rather confident, maybe too much; but young men were like that, and if he had the skills, maybe he would do.

Eodwine walked over to the table where Thornden had sat with Norjm and Fliede, and smiled.

"I trust that my almbudsman has given you good hospitality." He turned to look Norjm in the eye. "Shall we go to my rooms, Master Norjm?"

"Can I come too?" cried the girl.

Eodwine grinned but shook his head. "I fear that if you came your father might not get to speak for himself." The girl opened her mouth to protest but Eodwine raised a hand. "Surely you would say only the best and truest of your father, but I must hear it from his own lips. My friends here will keep you company." He looked to Norjm again. "Shall we go?"