View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 12:05 PM   #124
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm leading by three already? Oh, come on....

Well, I have little hope I can escape this, since I think it's probably not even the deed of the balrogs that got me here, and they surely won't save me. Anyway, here are my thoughts on Brinniel. Tomorrow, when you know this came from an innocent, they might be worth something. Or not.

I actually started suspecting her from her first post (#15) on (check my #31). She says she has nothing to say and then just agrees with Mith on something. This was too much of a feel-good feeling. When Nogrod criticised her, she reacted quite thin-skinned in #20. But then she made some reasonable analysis in #29, and I didn't pursue her anymore. In #42 she comes back and blows the "Rikae isn't gifted" horn that others used before to justify her vote for Rikae, adding the obligatory "I'm not entirely confident".

Today, her behaviour towards Nogrod and me is very suspicious.

She completely turned around on him today. First, in #99, she practically dropped her suspicion of him and explains/defends herself against his accusation. So far so good. She then picks up Legate's Voice-of-Saruman comment in #106, and while she said she's worried by it, she basically defends Nogrod that if it was the case, he's playing very dangerous.
It's subtle, yes, but after she appeased Nogrod she's clearly trying to associate herself with him and - surprise - it's working.

She first defends me from TM's weak 5-minute point in #99. Yesterday, she had some suspicion against me, then interrupts it with a defense, only to go for it again in #106. Note especially that none of the points she raised against me are genuine. She congratulates Nogrod(!) for his points against me, she notes that I've been defensive (which I was in exactly one post) and said I "didn't feel like the typical Mac" (which is basically taken from Rikae's last comments yesterday).

Oh, and she's also the ever-helpful model citizen by quoting the rules to Legate in #110.

I wrote this before I saw Brinn's new one. Hmmmm...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote