View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:39 AM   #98
FlimFlamSam
Pile O'Bones

FlimFlamSam has just left Hobbiton.
Nerwen spoke: [lindil is also still active]
Thank you for the information again.

Inziladun spoke: [But I'd thought he was gone for good, for another reason having nothing to do with the forum.]
Well I did say one of the reasons. What reason did you believe? Answer in PM if you feel that more approriate--where most of this discussion should have been held anyway. I did get married around that time as well, so maybe that is what you are thinking of. Or not.

I needed the break--badly. Tolkien had truly burned me out.
In fact, I have been away from the internet completely for about 2 years or thereabouts now. Before that, it was at best infrequent visits. Messageboards (and their lure of sucking up so much time) being the chief culprit. I must say, there is a very suspicious and in some cases extreme bunch here though. That is not so encouraging.

I also said I wasn't trolling, nor attacking posters.
If I were, there were ample opportunities to take advantage of.

Inziladun spoke: [And they might know you still, if you were posting under your original account.]
Frankly, I couldn't remember what name I had back then, nor particularly cared. As for posting under it, I wasn't even looking to bring it up at all, but the rather lenghty circumstances of this thread seemed to require it as proof of both my intent and sincerity of reply.

Nerwen spoke: [Then there's not much point your posting about it on a discussion forum, is there?]
In a topic like: Why is the Silmarillion so difficult (to read)?
For me, now you know. I discussed it.
FlimFlamSam is offline   Reply With Quote