View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 02:26 AM   #309
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I was also thinking - you know, like a year from now, when we get through the actual musical - I might do a bit of a medley of each character's melodies as a sort of "bow" at the end. So the portraits might each also get a couple seconds center stage at the end without competition.
Ooh, credits music! That would be much nicer than just slapping it all on one black page over silence.

... I'm now heading down a possible mental side-alley and wondering whether I should use Galadriel's songs to tell the before and after. The intro to the Lament, where I've currently got previews of the Zong backgrounds, could instead be a series of pictures telling the backstory:

-Awakening of the Elves
-Making of the Silmarils
-Death of the Trees
-Oath of Feanor
-Building of Nargothrond
-Finrod meeting the Edain
-The Bragollach
-The death of Barahir / Beren in Dorthonion

Then the Epilogue/Ballad... well, if I'm reusing the Lament Overview for Truth, I don't have any plans for the Epilogue, so I could do a Where Are They Now.

-Finrod's grave (In the hour when slumber calls)
-Thingol facing down the dwarves (Tell the truth, O Heart, tell me why)
-Melian's farewell (Why did my fair brother go)
-Beren and Luthien in Ossiriand (Did he reach a final accord)
-Cel'n'Cur in the Second Kinslaying (An ancient Oath that brings ruin to those it holds fast.)
-Sauron with a Ring (But stronger is time.)
-Finrod with Amarie and Finarfin (Ours - the havens grey with sky-ship sails!)

And then finish the song from 'sea-spray' onward as a rendition of the quote from the end of RotK:

Quote:
And the ship went out into the High Sea and passed on into the West, until at last on a night of rain Frodo smelled a sweet fragrance on the air and heard the sound of singing that came over the water. And then it seemed to him that as in his dream in the house of Bombadil, the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.
The main issue? I'd need to draw 14! pictures, not just as backgrounds but with actual figures and staging and stuff. Not impossible! But still a fair bit of work.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote