View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 02:24 PM   #738
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I'll be looking forward to your returning, Mith. Hope the swimming goes well. I've swam in cold water before. It can be fun, depending on if you want to prove something, or miserable, if you just want to be comfortable. Good luck.

-- Foley

Well I finished - despite an agonising bout of cramp about a quarter mile or so from home. Fortunately I had drifted back into my depth and was able to flex my foot against the bottom til it eased else I would have had to give in. For once it was useful being tall. All the serious triathlete types wore wetsuits but having been born and raised within sound of the sea and having learnt to swim in it that seems to be cheating to me... but then I remember the summers being warmer when I was a child though that is probably just the effect of age on the memory!

Anyway I shall pick an opportune moment to return - don't want to disrupt the cross examination!