View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 09:58 AM   #798
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Thinking about having to reread all the back posts and remember what we've resolved and not-resolved and... er, it was a little overwhelming. And then it hit me: MIcrosoft Reader, with text-to-speech add-in! Yeah, it 's flat and atonal, but when I was listening to Phantastes, langsyne, that actually made the suspense more intense, and the grimness more grim.

I'll have to install it on my laptop-- let's see how it goes...

EDIT

Haven't installed it on the laptop yet but I did install it on the desktop; sound is a little warbly but not bad. However the big news is that I converted Tapestry Book 2 (thus far!) to a cleaned up txt file in order to be able to convert it to a lit file. (MIcrosoft Reader reads lit files.) So now I have a cleaned, spellchecked file, both in txt format and lit format. It was a lot of work. Ever spellchecked an entire RPG? Hoo boy. Our threads are a bit of a mess. Anyway it is done, and if you would like a cleaned up, readable version of the story (book 2) thus far that you can either print, or have read to you by Microsoft Bob, let me know.

Last edited by mark12_30; 11-11-2008 at 01:44 PM.