View Single Post
Old 10-19-2012, 06:45 AM   #51
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Ouch. So sorry for the no-show yesterDay! And today I was at work until just now which is why I haven't been here.

Anyhow - there are two people that particularly interest me at the moment, namely Nog and Pom, and their interactions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
But my question is, why do you feel the need to bring that up? With a smiley?
Nog gets quite unreasonable with Shasta first, on a post that I read as a completely normal remark (the sort I could easily picture Nog himself making). Seems jumpy.

Now, Nog's point against Pom is the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Now you say there you doubt the merits of the "plan" because it would "keep us from having something to analyse today and tomorrow", and "could prove to be pretty disastrous". Now thinking that the wolves don't know each other, we the villagers already are in that position that we can't deduce or argue about anything from what happened on D1 as there is (probably) no co-operation by the wolves; which is more or less the only thing we might try to catch normally.

So the question becomes, how didn't you realise that? Now if you were a wolf, that would be logical as there would have been no natural way for you to think about that situation from the POV of a villager - which is very different from a normal game indeed this time - but had only thought of it from the POV of a wolf and thus had not noticed it (probably more busy with a thought of how to find your mates which must be a stressing question to a wolf). That would actually be even more believable explanation if you've been busy and had no time to think this properly...
This is actually a good point (especially for Day 1), regardless of that I disagree with Nog's premise that trying to confuse the wolves by having everyone "act wolvishly" (whatever that means) would benefit the village.

The interaction becomes even more interesting when Nerwen raises the point of the two of them giving "here's the plan" -posts; Pom responds with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pom
Partially I mentioned the obvious kills - the post that sounds like "here's the plan" - to get rid of having only one of that kind of plan posts. If there would've been just Nog's post, I felt like it would only be too obvious for the wolves to follow that logic - however, if they would need to decide between several plan-like things, or if we would've got some proper discussion on the topic, it would be less probable for them to get the night-kill right. And they didn't - whether it was partially due to what I said, don't know, but we should be happy for the extra time.
Wait a second - this looks as if Pom was working under an assumption that Nog is a wolf, and yet she doesn't really seem to suspect him.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote