View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #155
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The Boston T (or what others would know as the subway). When I first came to Boston, I loved how convenient public transportation is and the T is easy to use. But during my time in Europe, I must've gotten spoiled by some really good public transportation (particularly the Underground)...because while I still love the convenience of the T, there's a few things that annoy me that didn't before:

1) The sound the trains make...it resembles nails on chalkboard and makes you want to tear your ears out. For those who have used the T all their life...I don't know how they haven't gone deaf yet.

2) The inconsistency...one thing I loved about the tube was that I didn't have to wait long for a train. In Boston, I'll sometimes wait a few minutes and other times 25 minutes...there's no set schedule, or at least not one I can see.