View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 10:59 AM   #197
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Hey Folwren,

Several points:

Spell it Foley or Folie. Then it isn't Folly and it implies the desired pronunciation.

The impression I have gotten of Thornden is that he is in his early to mid twenties.

The problem with fitting Marenil in here is that there must be a point where all parties involved understand that he's the best man for the job, with no hard feelings. So Thornden needs to have come to much the same conclusions on his own.

Eodwine can also determine that he'd rather have a more experienced man in that position without ever saying anything to that effect to Thornden. Eodwine's own inexperience in his new role as Lord might perhaps make him value Marenil's sage advice. And I kind of assumed that Eodwine comes to a realization that he'd like a more experienced man in the role at the same time as Thornden comes slowly to the realization that he's facing problems he doesn't know how to deal with, or so many that he can't give each the attention it deserves. Maybe in a crisis he might go himself to Marenil for advice. Marenil would be quick to help, and that might aid in a private realization on Thornden's part that he isn't ready to serve as steward. Does that make sense?