View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 04:19 PM   #1
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Leaf Everyone Get Excited, Hobbit Holes Are A Reality!

I had shared this photo on facebook today:

hobbit hole.jpg

As you all probably know by now, I've always wanted to live in a hobbit hole, and I know many of you have as well. I gleefully looked up the website for these Green Magic Homes, which would cost you more than $5000 admittedly if you wanted a standard sized family home, but it's still much cheaper than a regular house. I did the math and to get the skeleton for a 2000 sq foot home, it would be $82,000. You'd need to build it yourself and probably have someone do the plumbing/gas hook up, but it's a hobbit hole still.

Here's the website where they have plans that are already made, or if you've got $500 laying around, they'll make up plans directly for you.

Anyway, I thought it was a neat idea that you could have a hobbit hole for less than a wood and frame custom built house in any size you want. I have already pestered my (very good-natured) boyfriend about building one of these places, and when we do, I'll invite everyone to come visit. I briefly had an idea to have lots of Downers create a whole neighbourhood of hobbit holes, but I'd need more than just me on board. Ha.

Imagine affordable hobbit holes, customized for all of us Shire-lovers here. I'm beside myself with excitement at the possibilities.

What do you guys think?

EDIT:
Here's another article about this particular company.

Last edited by TheGreatElvenWarrior; 01-20-2016 at 04:34 PM.
TheGreatElvenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote