View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 04:10 PM   #1
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Return of the King Oscar Predictions

I know it is a little early to be talking about this, but you have to see this article<P><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1045411574" TARGET=_blank>Taking another look at Oscar nominees</A><P>Most of the article just talks about the Oscars in general, and the choices that the academy made.<BR>Midway through the article the critic talks about Peter Jackson not getting the nomination for best director, this line is probably the most striking though.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> What about the slight suffered by another director, the unnominated Peter Jackson, whose ongoing "Lord of the Rings" trilogy is the most popular with audiences? Here, more than likely, many voters deferred on "Rings" as a work in progress.<P>"This year, it's `Chicago,'" my smartest movie-reporting friend told me right after the announcements. "Next year, `The Lord of the Rings' runs the table."<BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The bottom part, Wow! I hope that is true, because it sure gives me hope that next year is the year. (I'll try not to get my hopes up too high though, I still have to see ROTK) I personally don't really know what "runs the table" means, but if they are comparing it to "Chicago" it must be good, I would think.