View Single Post
Old 01-19-2004, 03:43 PM   #28
Failivrin
Wight

Failivrin has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I don't see ChrisLee resigning after he was cut out and quite frankly, i think PJ deserves to lose the gong just for cutting out the Saruman/Wormtongue plot because i feel it let down the whole film not having them there and i also love both the actors <P>i don't see the Miranda Otto Supporting Actress: i love LOTR and i wouldn't vote for her. Before anyone could say anything i would be yelling RENEE ZELLWEGER RENEE ZELLWEGER! she's been nominated twice before and imo, both times deserved to win and lost. Her performance in Cold Mountain was truly exceptional; one of the best acting jobs of 2003 without a doubt and she deserves it more than anyone else. She is a hugely HUGELY talented actress and i tink 3rd time lucky is a convenient phrase here. If she doesn't win i shall have to hurt someone.<P>I would love to see Johnny Depp win for PotC because he was wonderful, or atleast get a nod, but i hardly think it will happen. It'll probably go to Bill Murray or Sean Penn.<P>I still think LIT is in with a good chance for Picture because let's face it, the Academy doesn't represent what the masses think; if so FOTR would've won 2001. And although Col Mountain maybe losing steam (it's not here in England, though), it is a historical epic love story adapted from a well loved, prize winning, respectable book with previous Oscar winners/nominees plus the token weirdo in it (Jack White) and has made a good haul at the box office. It's just the kind of film the Academy love. Also, Mystic River and Clint Eastwood for Director.<P>I hope they'll give something to the Trilogy though.