View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 02:44 PM   #34
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think that RotK definitely deserves to win best picture. I will be furious at the academy if the don't give it that, but you can't expect to much from them. They are almost all highly politically motivated and often dislike movies such as RotK and the message that they present. I for one think that that is utterly unfair. Sorry, I'll stop my ranting now, I just strongly disagree with the general elitist politics of the academy. I'm positive that RotK will win the Visual Effects, in fact I don't see why anybody else would even bother to try. If I were making a movie with lots of spectacular FX, I would just delay the release until this year so as not to have to compete with RotK. All I can say is that if RotK doesn't win as many Oscars as possible and they go to a bunch of the drivel that passes for film these days instead, then somebody's gonna pay!!! <p>[ 3:45 PM January 20, 2004: Message edited by: Orominuialwen ]