View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #322
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Good to hear from you Thenamir!

We've been in trouble getting Gandalf on board and an adult voice might just do the trick... (and Macalaure and Legate seem to be away anyway).

So I'd very much appreciate you giving it a try.

The first goal is to get the few pages from when the fellowship leaves Rivendell to the place when it starts snowing (from the bottom of page 298 to the halfway of page 305 of which I think is an old standard edition - from: "Many others of Elrond's household stood in the shadows..." to: "... unless it is a choice between fire and death.").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenamir
I have some moderately-sophisticated sound editing software that can remove steady background noises such as the buzzing mentioned previously.
Let me be moderately suspicious... I mean the buzzing and humming take place at certain frequencies. One can cut those frequencies off with many programs (or play them down with an equalisator) but the downside is that you lose all that there is in that wavelength - also those frequencies from the speech. At least with Matthew the problem has been that the buzz is pretty low in frequency and as you cut those frequencies out his voice sounds like someone in his pre-puberty... Adding some bottom there makes his voice great but also increases the buzz... But if you have a software that solves this go for it! We could try at least.

I'll send you Thenamir my e-mail account in a PM so that you can send me your clips there as I have been the one to gather these all into one file. I'll also send you a clip of the music I've done this far so that you can say whether your Yamaha makes it better... for in that case please go on, I can send you notes or whatever you prefer.

Yess.

Let's do this now and then turn into Matthew's idea of the Prancing pony as our next item.

And any ideas anyone comes up with. I mean everyone must be able to participate!

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-02-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote