View Single Post
Old 05-12-2003, 10:14 AM   #40
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

"Do you know anything that is happening in Fangorn?"

Anarya heard the question, but for a moment she pretended she hadnīt. She needed to sort her thoughts. Fangorn... so that was his mission. Fangorn- and those trees. Remebering her vow, she suddenly started to get exited. This was her chance to avenge Orodeth. She grabbed the sharper, and reappeared behind the counter.

"Iīm sorry, Sir, what did you say?"

He repeated his question. Anarya looked at him. What should she tell him?
"I donīt know more then any other civillian. But-" she added smiling "I, unlike others, know all rumors that have yet circled the town. My apprentice Buck makes sure of that. All I can tell you is that the trees -if they really are trees- are out of control. They take innocent children and grown men alike, and they kill them viciously. They- they must be stopped. Thatīs what everyone in this town thinks and says."

He eyed her thoughtfully. "And you?" She looked back. Proudly she drew herself up. Please, let my voice not shake. "I agree. Furthermore, if there was a way to stop those trees, I would be proud and glad to be part of that mission. I vowed that to myself the day They took my nephew."

He was still studying her. It seemed to her he was reading her face like a book. Anarya thought she could just barely trace a hint of understanding, and of approval.

[ May 13, 2003: Message edited by: Manardariel ]