View Single Post
Old 08-30-2002, 04:28 PM   #231
Ransom
Wight

Ransom has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ransom
Sting

Ok.

#1: Thank you for your responses. I look foward to RPing with you. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

#2: I think I shall be one of the Dunedain. I'm assuming they had a few members who were equiped as light, or even heavy calvery, due to their role in the raising of the Siege of Gondor. Here's my attempt to recreate one of the heavier armed Dunedain. Do inform me if I went overboard, or if I was incorrect with my thoughts on the Dunedain

Name: Volkmar Heidenhammer

Height: 6'4"

Eye color: Brown

Hair colour:Black. Shoulder length.

Physical Desciption: Volkmar Heidenhammer loved the winter. He lazily brushed a stray strand of hair away from his dark brown eyes. His skin was barely tanned, a unusual traight for one who had travelled for so long. No one who knew him well would descibe him as strong. Instead most would use the term 'tough' or 'hardy'.

Weapons: Warhammer Whistling Death, double handed bastard sword Ancalagon, calvary spear

Armor: Metal gauntlets. Mail shirt reinforced with metal plates. (E.g. leg grieves, chest plage, etc.) Left leg is fully armored. The armor serves as a brace, for the left leg was badly mauled by a Warg.

Various other items: Cooking utensels, bedroll, extra cloathing, walking stick, rope, tinderbox, shortbow (only for hunting, Volkmar can't shoot well enough to use it in battle).

Personality: Trained from youth to fight, Volkmar Heidenhammer went through the ususal motions of learning, never considering the cause of the fight. This all changed when he was twenty. His party of rangers were ambushed in the mountains by orcs. Half their number were killed and three more were badly wounded. Volkmar was one of these. A week later, he was the only survivor to stumble into the hands of the Beornings.

His physical wounds healed, abet slowly, save for the mauled leg. However, his body still aches like an old man's through bad weather and physical exertion. At first, the Beornings believed him dead. A year later, Volkmar returned to his breathern, his entire viewpoint changed. Fighting became more than sport, for he was now desperate that no more of his friends would die at the hands of the hated orks.

He taught himself the use of the warhammer, all the while forging a brace for his broken and half-healed leg. Escewing the ambushing tactics used by some of his comrades, he sought open conflict far more often.

Present situation: The rangers have heard of the march of the Dunlendings, and suspect some negative influence, or perhaps agents of the Dark Lord. However, their ranks have been spread thin in guarding the shire, and not many could be rased to investigate. Volkmer gladly took the asignment, viewing it as a distinct change from dealing with hobbits. So, one morning, he rode set out for the land of Rohan with his horse, intent on fulfiling his mission and looking foward to another change in his life.

#3 Not sure where I should come in....I'll wait for Thenamir to complete his post.

-Ransom

[ August 30, 2002: Message edited by: Ransom ]

On second thought, I think Volkmer may be a little overpowered. Some restrictions/disabilities:

Broken left leg: Volkmer's left leg did not heal right. Despite the brace, he still walks with a limp. Runing is much harder and more painful.

Scars: Though Volkmer has mostly healed, scar tissue and broken bones still bother him. Weather causes extreme pain. Physical exertian may cause pain.

Unstable: Two weeks of constant fighting and bleeding had left Volkmer emotionally broken. With the help of some of his comrades, he has learned to cope. However, he's a bit paranoid, and often needs to cope with deja'vu and nightmares. In additian, if he sees any comrades badly injured or (Valor forbid) killed, he will go insane, smiting his foes reguardless of tactics or safety. Afterwards, he's prone to depression.