View Single Post
Old 02-22-2004, 05:46 PM   #15
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I believe we need to get away from evil elves as well as rings of power. Neither are at all spoken of in appendices, and little is known about the Rings of Power. It can be questioned if there were any dark elves in Tolkien's world. Are elves actually corruptable?

These are interesting ideas, but I don't believe they are proper for an RPG, especially one in the Shire.

About the possibility of capture:

This would become a more gruesome story, though it would allow the orcs and elves to deal with each other closely. This will not be a pretty sight, though, to focus on hatred from both sides. We could have a minor character captured, with the mission to rescue him, but then I'm afraid we enter into entirely another story in the proposed setting alone, one completely separate from the war, and also a rather generic one.

Quote:
Also, Tolkien’s female Elves do not usually go into battle – so most of your characters will need to be male if they are involved in the battles.
That is why I believe a more basic approach to the war is needed, so battle is focused on less, and a true story is created. The possibility of an envoy, and some focus on other than soldiers in battle gives more flexibility, and makes it more interesting and funn to play.