View Single Post
Old 02-23-2004, 04:12 PM   #25
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Quote:
Things evolve from there as Roa first suggested (Lorien Elves catch up with Houseless et. al. Big Battle; going badly for Lorien Elves; Mirkwood Elves to the rescue -- ta ta ta daaaaa), then things go as I suggested (with the Lorien and Mirkwood Elves rescuing the 'possessed' Elves); meanwhile the orcs and Easterlings chuckly evilly as they fall back to Dol Guldur and join the army going for Lorien
A thought: you said the orcs 'hate this whole thing and are generally getting very orcish about it' - well, I don't think there is much honour among orcs, and resentment between the easterlings, the houseless and the orcs would probably be pretty rife - I wouldn't doubt that the orcs would, at some signal from their leader, abandon the rest sharpish and head for Dol Guldur to join the party heading at a grand old speed for Lorien, leaving them in lurch possibly just after the Mirkwood elves arrive - ie. a much smaller baddie force against the suddenly much larger elven force. The easterlings and remaining orcs, plus the houseless who would soon be captured, would continue to put up a fight, of course, but have a feeling at times like these it becomes somewhat every man/possessed elf/orcish beastie for himself, and they would probably flee - say this was taking place in Mirkwood, where the spiders are at large (?) - when the easterlings flee, I doubt the elves would follow, assuming the spiders would get them. The spiders don't necessarily need to, of course. The capture of the Houseless follows - but what if one Houseless got away, hmm? Maybe it abandoned its body and fled in spirit form, ready to cause further mischief and be back for revenge later...