View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 04:49 PM   #772
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Regarding Roggie: Note that Erebemlin defeated him. It was, essentially, a nightmare. Just a really, really, really bad one, rooted in thousand-year-old fears. Roggie was the reason that they left Lorien, according to Unfinished Tales. Roggie on a Rampage was what the Lorienites all feared. (Eeew, my colloquialisms are uber-colloquializing.) And Nimrodel actually blamed the Noldorim for awakening All Those Shadows. It was why she initially refused to marry Amroth. And Fleeing the Shadow was why they decided to sail west, and then get married and live happily ever after -- somewhere much safer.

Having said that, that's just MY take. Feel free to have all the fun with it that you want, dreamwise. Roggie Revisited???

Alak: thanks. NOw would be a good time for Erebemlin's Reaction to CIrcle Dances, Ash, and Roggie.

Uh-- Dreamland, spritual dimension, or what. I think the answer is, sometimes one, sometimes the other, and sometimes both; Nimrodel is, after all, Mad. SOmetimes she is all wrapped around Pure Illusion. SOmetimes she is blind to Dangerous Truth. And sometimes, just sometimes, she Sees Things. Really.

I guess I would also expect INdil to have, depending on the day, either a bad dream, or a Nassssty VIsion of evil things, or... maybe both. Or neither. And maybe (just maybe) determining all that-- Symbolic VIsion? Deeply ROoted Fear? Manifestation of a Real Demon? Just a Bad Dream? What????-- could give the participants a bit of a headache, and Bafflement.

BUt ministry/counselling is like that.

Regarding Nimrodel, every now and then she might even say something Nice.

You asked (and my dear, beloved husband Keeps Asking) when this thing will be Done. I guess I'm thinking that, at least, each person in the crowd should get a chance (Maybe two, for some individuals) to Play Dead in Nimrodel's dreams, like Nethwador and Liornung already have. To participate in her wild dreams, and get called an oathbreaker or something, and have something of theirs woven (into or out of?) Nimrodel's journey (and Amroth's). To drag all of us through each and every dream or song would take more than I think I have to give. Does that sound unreasonable?

How does that sound?

Last edited by mark12_30; 06-12-2008 at 05:07 PM.