View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 06:55 AM   #311
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
That sounds very impressive. I would not know how to even approach half of these pictures. So I think I will limit myself to general comments about themes and stuff, and let you work out how/if to turn that into art.
I can sort of picture all of them; whether that will translate into decent drawings is always a coinflip though.

Quote:
For G's Ballad - the quick history of the world would be cool, but sounds like a lot of complicated pictures, so I will leave that in your judgement. Thematically, the one thing I might suggest is ending on a "future note". Galadriel begins by saying that Finrod is dead. Would that merit a "now we are in the future" transition? Or do you think Ballad could be in the near enough future that it's still the same chunk of time as the Zong (perhaps taking place right afterwards)?
I do sort of see it as 'right afterwards' - it has the feel of Galadriel's immediate reaction (especially the 'unavailing grief' verse). One thing I could do is put the History before the logo and title, so that the last element in the retrospective is "Finrod-Zong".

Quote:
For the Epilogue, the sailing ship would be so wonderful! And it is good to have ll the characters say their "goodbye". The one image I might argue about is Sauron woth the Ring. I feel like it takes away from time as the unbeatable enemy - I think the Zong's point is that the Elves were doomed to fade in Middle-earth regardless of what they did. I would suggest the 3 Elven rings instead, referencing Galadriel herself and Celebrimbor, the ones carrying the ancient Noldor pride and seeing not trials vast, believing they can raise a power or a kingdom in spite of all, exist despite the fading... and then Galadriel accepting her fate, and humbling her pride, and ceasing trying to recreate what once was again in new kingdoms and new lands. On the flip side though, Sauron needs a goodbye too. Maybe the One vs the Three, to represent both the Elven ambitions, and Sauron's ambition of mastery that lead to his ultimate downfall? Just thoughts - I will leave that up to you.
How about Sauron lurking around behind Celebrimbor in his forge? It'd be fun to drawn an "Annatar" who still evokes Bat-Sauron (perhaps a 'lacier' version of the crown?), and would draw in all those themes. If 'Brim wears some Feanorian colours, it would even serve as an endcap to their story. I could even sneak Disgruntled Galadriel in there, since hey, we're mangling the canon already, and maybe she was just visiting. ^_^

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote