View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 05:30 PM   #5
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victariongreyjoy View Post
I've always wondered how Sauron during the S.A managed to destroy the Noldor kingdom by mortal forces. I mean we know how strong the elves were, even more so by high elves. Did Sauron himself contributed his magic to help his forces destroy the elven kingdom or was his forces so massive the elves didn't stand a chance? Or did he had any supernatural forces?
From the unfinished Tales section The History of Galadriel and Celeborn, it looks to me like Sauron simply overwhelmed the Elves with superior numbers.

After all, when the Númenóreans showed up to aid the Elves, it seemingly wasn't all that difficult for them to reverse the tide. If some sort of sorcery had been a big factor in Sauron's early victories, I wouldn't think that should have been the case. And no dragons or Balrogs were around to help Sauron either, it appears.