View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002, 10:26 AM   #9
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child went over to check on Frodo and see how he was feeling. She was pleased to see that he had consumed a bowl of Sam's coney stew. At least his face was no longer green!

Actually, Child had been searching some time for Samwise. She thought Frodo might be able to let her know where Samwise was. She needed to find Sam and deliver one of the last pieces of her mail which was addressed to him.

Under her arm, she held a large and bulky envelope which had official looking stamps on it. Usually, people who used the messenger service put their return name on the envelope, but this particular package had no identification of any kind whatsoever. Quite strange, she thought.

Actually, Child was snoopy enough to want to stick around and watch Sam open his mail. She had often found that she could learn a great deal just by looking at the person's face and standing on her furry brown tiptoes iin close proximty.

"There you are, Frodo," she said. "Have you seen Sam? I figured you'd know where I could find him. I've got a funny looking package here marked "Urgent delivery" which seems to have his name on it. You wouldn't know where he is, or what this strange parcel is all about, would you?"