View Single Post
Old 10-20-2002, 03:16 PM   #22
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Sting

Excuse me, Madam President; but I should just like to point out the inherent irony of the fact that the activities of the Academy itself are entirely responsible for the mayhem in this thread. I for one was planning on an exploration of the rôle of the spirit in craftsmanship across Tolkien's works, but I have been thwarted by the idiocy of this trumped-up popularity contest that calls itself the Academy.

Perhaps this has been a deliberate attempt to sabotage a thread because its title is too original, too ground-breaking to be the sort of crowd-pleaser of which the Academy is so infamously supportive. I tell you now that it is not only the reputations of Mr. Rimbaud and his thread that are at stake here, but that of the Academy itself as well. Whilst I for one have no objections to this becoming a mayhem-esque thread, I feel compelled to point out that where we go, the Academy may soon follow.

(Times, please copy)

Last edited by The Squatter of Amon Rûdh; 03-09-2007 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Removed UBB edit messages
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is offline   Reply With Quote