View Single Post
Old 01-28-2003, 02:58 PM   #291
Carrūn
Wight

Carrūn has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
'Where would you like to go, Nįrello?’ she asked softly. ‘And what can I do to help you get there?’
Nįrello stood stunned for a few seconds before realizing that the elf had just agreed to what he had asked for. Not expecting this, he was at a loss for words. "I want to go....outside....somewhere with trees, streams, wild animals, wolves." His green eyes flashed. "I don't really know," he finally admitted with a groan. "It is so simple when Awyrgan is around - I find out where he is and travel from here to there and then I tell him things and then he teaches me and now he's gone and I don't know where he's going or if he will come back because he wouldn't tell me and I'm afraid that know no one will be around to teach me more of the things I want to know and I don't know what I'm supposed to do and...." He caught himself and did his best to stop his babbling. "Sorry," he muttered.

"Can I have a drink?," he asked. "I want to just go outside and walk for a very long time, maybe all the way through the Old Forest or somewhere like that. But I think I might come back here sometime, Awyrgan seems to like it and so do I." He paused, and when he spoke again he sounded very much like a grown-up. "You know, Awyrgan was like a father to me even though he would never admit it. And whenever he leaves without telling me when he will be back I am at a loss as to what to do." He gave her his best effort at his infamous grin. "Could I have an apple?"