View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #1207
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“Allow me to welcome you back to Scarburg,” Nydfara said with a slight, self-possessed bow.

"Thank you. Care to dance?"

She cast her query between invitation and demand. He hesitated just a moment and raised one brow ever so slightly. with an ironic tilt of his head he said, "Delighted."

They walked arm in arm to the edge of the dance floor. Her heart was racing. She hoped he could not feel that in her pulse. The first song was just coming to a close and a new, more martial song, took its place. The couples stood across from each other and took turns stepping side by side, arm in arm, between all the others, standing, until all had passed between the others, then they skipped around in an arc until they came back to their original positions, and repeated the pattern.

The first time stepping arm in arm, neither of them said a word. The second time, Rowenna felt herself ready, but waited until the last moment before they would part and skip in the wide arc away from each other. She spoke lightly.

"I wonder why you goaded Aldric to pester me not once but twice."

Before he had a chance to react at all, they separated. But she was watching his face.