View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 06:07 PM   #139
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Looks like what Dury says is mostly what I would think... I think the bad part is when one starts to make compromises, as I think the LOTRO guys did, and retreating from their original "pure" idea more towards the "classic WoW"-type, but they still cannot completely move it into that type, so it tends up to be some awkward crossbreed which eventually probably disappoints the "pure LotRists" while still not satisfying the "commercial public". Not that I would advise them to continue in that direction, though...

As for right now, actually, I seem to be on relatively frequently (fresh enthusiasm still works), also as now the Harvestmath Festival is going on and since I have never before experienced anything like that, I find it's a lot of fun (unlike I expected, as I thought it will be just some silly big thing to appease the audience... but I like it. Best experience: running around the Shire with the aim to get acquaintance with the Inn League... I think everybody knows this already, but that seriously made my day). I have started developing my character on Silverlode, so now I can join other 'Downers who happen to be around.
I actually thought the festival wouldn't be as fun and thought it to be something to cause my game to lag worse than it does...well, it still lagged due to there being so many on the Silverlode server, but it was still fun. I've attempted to do the Inn League and every stinking time, due to the there being so many on the internet here where I live, my internet will lose connection. But It's still a trip to do! Be it a glitch in the game or what, but my elf (odd I know for an elf to actually get intoxicated ) actually tripped over a fence. Have you went to the small festival they're doing in Duillond? There's not much there like there is in the Shire, but there's still a small festival going on.
~|And all will turn, to silver glass. A light on the water, Grey ships pass, Into the West. |~ "Few now remember them...yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folks that are heedless."
xMellrynxMaidenx is offline   Reply With Quote