View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #563
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Sorry, wolves – I was trying to get a balance between making the game winnable for the Acolyte, without making it impossible for whatever side she *didn't* choose, but I think I erred on the side of the first. I just never expected Lommy would get the whole village on side so easily once she came out.
Like Boro said, she was so specific about the details that it was highly unlikely she made all that up. Maybe we could have tried to use the fact that she was still alive on Day 5 to discredit her, if the narration hadn't made it clear that we'd tried to kill her and failed... or maybe the village would have seen through it.

Anyway, it still was an interesting game. Initially, the adding of a mysterious secret role was a gift of god to us wolves, and Eruhen's unexplained death another; in the end, it was our downfall, but who knows - if Eönwë hadn't dreamed Lommy in his last Night, or hadn't cleared Zil, who knows how things might have gone? With experimental roles and rules, it's next to impossible to foresee every situation that may arise, but that doesn't mean it's not fun to try them out.

Also, the setting was a nice idea, and I loved your narrations (especially when you quoted verbatim from our kill PMs, but the rest as well). Thanks for modding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
You're kidding me. Pitch? Honestly? You were the one I was quite positive wasn't a wolf.
It's been a pleasure to reciprocate for the many times you fooled me in the past.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
As well as kudos to our two Seers who more or less swung the game for us - I don't think we'd have stood a chance against a wolf pack of Nog-Boro-Shasta-Pitch!
I must admit we were almost a little sorry for the village on Night 1, but the Gods punished our hubris.
I echo the kudos to the Seers (Eönwë, was that your first time seering? If
so, fine debut!), but the rest of the village shouldn't sell themselves short either. Good game, everyone!