View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 03:21 PM   #44
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Going out on a limb here, but....

Does it actually say that all the Ringwraiths (hmm.. Wringraiths?) were male? I mean, we know that they were all of the race of Man, and the logical conclusion is, from all the information we have, that they were all men, but does it actually, conclusively say that?

This appears to have been the original question the thread, and in reading it, I can see no evidence presented that it was ever definitively said that they were all male (although the implication would seem obvious, and Tolkien would likely have a fit if anyone thought otherwise...).

Still, warrior could be male or female, and Christina, daughter of Gustav Adolphus (I think that was the one) was the "King" of Sweden, so....

If this lack of definitive statement is the case, then one could spend a great deal of time having fun pretending that Nazguls #6 and #7 were female...