Thread: The White Horse
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2003, 08:16 AM   #275
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Thumbs up

Greetings All,

Your responses here have been interesting and valuable; I hope many of the Rohan gamers have been able to follow the discussion and gain ideas for their own games and their own writing.

Aylwen, never fear that Rohan would set up a system of apprenticeship like that in The Shire! We certainly think the independence and responsiblity of Rohan are one of its attractions for those willing to take the challenge. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

However, Mithadan and I have found not a few gamers who are great writers and experienced gamers but who are hesitant to start games because of the onus of running them. We were wondering if, for those writers, we should at least offer the possibility of dual-ownership or backup moderation. This would not be an across-the-forum mandate for all Rohan games, but would be made available to those gamers who would like it. All gamer owners sometimes need a pat on the back or some brainstorming help! Why, I've even nudged BW in chat a bit to keep posting. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

I have been really impressed with the discussion of TBM gamers about their new game. So much so, that I am going to open up a new thread here in Rohan, where several gamers can post together to develop their ideas before submitting a proposal to either Gandalf the Grey or Susan via mailto:rohanproposals@barrowdowns.comrohanproposals@barrowdowns.com</A> . It would not be a thread where people can audition for games--that would belong on the actual game discussion thread--but it would be a place for brainstorming before the game goes up.

I hope TBM folk take their discussion there to continue it and I hope any other interested gamers also use the thread for generating ideas.

I'll be back later with some ideas for getting the in-character role-playing subgames going again here in The White Horse.

Bethberry

PS. Aman, cats, too, in addition to all your other games? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] You can have the idea if you want. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]