View Single Post
Old 05-01-2004, 01:49 PM   #24
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
The unmistakable sounds of college freshmen overturning trash cans in the hall snapped Lush out of her reverie.

"Great," she thought to herself, rolling over on one side and seeing the spring rain pouring. She was even more dismayed upon catching her distinctly hungover reflection in the spotty mirror.

Amid the jumbled memories of last night (Guinness, U2 blaring on the speakers, an angry bouncer, et cetera) a nagging thought that she was forgetting something would not let her be.

"Today is...Today is..." She thought whilst scrubbing her teeth. "Umm...May Day! Time to wreak havoc on the capitalist pigs, perhaps?" However, having sized up her considerable (for someone as impoverished) collection of pretentious shoes as she came back from the washroom, Lush decided that wreaking havoc would have been a tad hypocritical.

"So what am I forgetting?" She mumbled to herself irritably while munching on stale cereal. "Surely, after all that happened last night, I am not expected at another...Omigod that's it! A party!"

Money and time both being short, Lush threw on an inexpensive, yet flattering black sun-dress (though there were hardly an sun-rays to catch at her present location) and put an appropriately green scarf in her hair before running out the door, remembering her umbrella, running back, then running out again, then remembering her sandals, running back, and finally running out for good.

"Please...let...someone...have...aspirin...there.. ." She prayed, while fumbling with her cell-phone to call a taxi.

Having narrowly escaped losing her breakfast on the bumpy ride, the idefatigable, always-up-for-it-though-her-liver-thinks-otherwise Lush finally arrived at her destination and slipped in quietly among the reverly and gaiety and dwarf-tossing.

"Perhaps I ought to cure my hangover the Russian way," she mused to herself as she trotted through the grounds in search of ale.