View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #2192
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Foley: I half considered (and started drafting) a conversation between Degas and Thornden after Saeryn left, about how pregnancy is going to make her a lot more worried about kids.

Heh. But then it occurred to me that even if Saeryn likes Thornden, I don't think Degas has ever talked to him before (sure, they've been in the same discussions, but they've never really interacted), because Degas is a bit of a snob. A nice snob, and a good leader, but a snob nevertheless.

So it stands to reason that he'd stay right out of his sister's line of fire when he believes that anybody that hits a little girl should be duly punished, and any commoner that puts his own foot in his mouth in front of a new lord deserves what's coming to him. Granted, he also thinks Athanar's sons are idiots, but he's not likely to say that.

Point is, at this point in Saeryn's hormonal development (*snicker*), a nice tantrum is totally legit (especially if she's so stressed and exhausted); and Degas has finally learned to sit back and shut up, so no worries about him being reasonably quiet.