View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
MatthewM
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MatthewM has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to MatthewM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Araréiel View Post
My boyfriend and I are going to be married (heh, it's not "official" until he gets the chance to propose in a way he deems fitting, though everyone already knows, his ex-wife, who is a friend of ours, has given her blessing, location's picked out...), and I made a suggestion I thought he might laugh at. See, I suggested getting the Narsil letter opener to cut the cake with, and he rebutted that idea with getting the full sword to cut it with! How bad-*** would it be to be at a wedding and see someone pull out a 53" sword (or course it wouldn't be sharp for safety reasons, but will still cut cake) to start cutting cake? We are looking at this one (I know it's Anduril): http://www.noblecollection.com/catal...N2579&catid=17

That's awesome!!! I hope my girlfriend thinks like you do when it comes to cake cutting and our wedding. Seriously, using a sword to cut the cake would be amazing. I'd do it. The letter opener is a bit boring. Go with the sword! Excellent idea.