View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #72
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I have in mind, more specifically, creating an internal canon of all of the Barrowdowner history and literature that one should know to be a truly educated wight.
Go for it, Fea! That might be a fun way to create interest at a slow time of the year, and I'd definitely like to see what you consider worth rereading.

It's interesting how the questions of age and length of membership seem to come up lately. One of the great advantages of virtual communication is that such barriers are not raised at the outset of communication and may break down completely later. Let me add one related aspect:

Some of you hesitate to tell your age because you fear that being young means you could not be taken seriously. The same fear holds true in the opposite case. There are those of us, like myself, who belong to the older generation of this forum and hesitate to tell their age because they think perhaps young people wouldn't be interested in what they have to say if the teens knew they're as old as (perhaps even older than ) their parents.

We've had few family members of two generations here, though the most known family (Nogrod, Lommy and Greenie) has been a wonderful example of how that can work very well. This is a very rare online community, being open to newcomers and close-knit as internet friends simultaneously. I for one appreciate that atmosphere and hope that it will continue for as long as people want to experience that connection.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote