View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:40 PM   #252
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
While I don't trust Valier any more than the rest of you (excluding phantom), I would like to point out that Valier never has distinct reasons for finding someone suspicious, and always goes by gut instinct. Always. And she's frighteningly accurate with her gut instincts. So, if you're looking for something to condemn her with, that ain't gonna cut it.
The fallacy in this is that Valier's usual modus operandi provides the perfect cover for a WereValier. No matter what she does, or how randomly she accuses, she can always excuse herself by saying that's just her. So in the end it's not much of a defense, is it? I think I made allowances for her game style in my analysis, yet in this last post she looks on any suspicion of her with disdain, as if we should never suspect her of using her reputation to her own (evil) advantage. Valier's instincts are great, but they're only of use when we know her identity, because she could so easily lead us astray if we trusted her too much.

Anyway, I was just saying, Valier, you can't complain too loudly about us suspecting you. Thing is, you usually do understand our perspective (not being able to trust your good intentions on faith alone) a little better than this.