View Single Post
Old 01-02-2003, 04:51 PM   #49
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Hwestlaeriel looked at Faryn, with a gentle expression.

"Well, since my brothers have left, yes, it remains fairly quiet," Hwestlaeriel said. She turned with a hard look in her eye towards her brother's "friend". "We do not entertain company much, so pardon our lack of preparation. Well, that is also why I spend so much time out of doors. I cannot tolerate the pressing silence that has become part of the wood in the walls of this house since my brothers left. I, too, would like to leave, but it is not befitting of a lady."

She envied this friend of her brother. She could travel and see the world. Her distrust grew of this strange new woman.

"I," she said, "Sadly, will probably never travel. I may travel to another city when I find a husband, but, until that time, I am to stay at home, as an Elf maiden should do."

She turned back to the stove.

"Would any of you care to have more tea or more food?" she asked, hiding the small tear that she had felt start in her eye when she spoke of the closing walls she felt around her.